Middle School Auditions
Saturday, January 8, 2022
[Snowdate] Saturday, January 15, 2022
$10.00 per audition. The Postmark Deadline for Audition Fees and Registration Form is Friday, December 10, 2021. Late registrations will not be accepted. Please print the registration form confirmation page and send a copy with your payments to:
Pine Hollow Middle School
5365 Bartram Place
Raleigh, NC 27617
Make checks out to: NCMEA
Memo Line: ECDBA All-District Auditions
(School or Boosters Checks only, no personal checks)
For Virtual Auditions, auditions will take on new procedures. Please refer to the Auditions Procedures sent by the Auditions Chairs (Tony Powell and Greg Jenner) to directors. Or (CLICK HERE) for detailed instructions.
The procedures listed below are for ***information only*** for future in-person auditions.
***For information only for future in-person auditions*** You will find all information regarding the audition included in the East Central District Bandmasters Association All-District Audition Procedures Handbook. Be sure to read through the entire document for information pertaining to:
- specifics duties and responsibilities of chair person, sight host, and judging captains
- director and student eligibility
- registration procedures (Change for 2010-2011: There will be NO late registrations and/or day-of registrations accepted)
- audition regulations
- day of director and student check-in procedures
- student audition and judging procedures
- student runner responsibilities
- band placement
- sample score sheets
- rubrics for scoring procedures
MS 2021-2022 All District Solos Winds (if there are multiple endings, B endings only)
MS 2021-2022 All District Solos Snare and Tambourine (if there are multiple endings, B endings only)
MS 2021-2022 All District Solos Mallets (if there are multiple endings, B endings only)
MS 2021-2022 All District Solos Timpani (if there are multiple endings, B endings only)
Middle School Audition Scales – Revised 5/2015 to reflect order of 4ths starting on G-Concert through Db Concert
Sightreading Articulation Link
Middle School Sightreading (will become public at noon on Monday, January 3)
- Scales must be played in order they are posted above (update 5/2015).
- For Virtual Auditions, scales are not required to be memorized.
- Under normal in-person auditions, scales must be memorized. (update 9/2015)
- Scales must be performed in 3 minutes or less. (update 9/2015)
- For Virtual Auditions, sight reading will follow different procedures. Please refer to the Auditions Procedures sent by the Auditions Chairs (Tony Powell and Greg Jenner) to directors.
- Under normal in-person auditions, students will have 45 seconds to study for their sight reading performance.
- For Virtual Auditions, director check in and membership verification will follow different procedures. Please refer to the Auditions Procedures sent by the Auditions Chairs (Tony Powell and Greg Jenner) to directors.
- Under normal in-person auditions, all directors and judges must register immediately upon arrival at the auditions. At that time, you will be asked to present your current NAfME membership card. Check to see when your membership expires. It is your responsibility to make sure your membership is current. If your NAfME membership is not current, your students will not be allowed to audition. Additionally, all directors are expected to complete the on-line registration for ECDBA membership.
- Every director is expected to participate in judging, in the scoring room, or other duties as assigned. If you do not plan on participating your students will not be allowed to audition.
Director Registration Form
Student Registration Form *(to be filled out by band director)
BOTH Registrations due December 10, 2021
Director Upload Link
This link is for directors only to upload files. Students, please talk to you band teacher about how to get your videos to them.
Directors Click Here
Middle School Auditions Co-Chairs:
Pine Hollow MS
Middle School Site Host: